How do you lock a folder without a password or software? This guide will tell you how to lock your folder without any program or password. After Lock, you can decide which users can open the folder and who can read or change it, or who can't read it.
1. Create a folder where you want.
2. Open Command Prompt or Powershell Window in the parent Folderwhere you created the folder which you want to lock, Like I created a folder named "howtokr" in Music Folder.
3. Tap on File Tab and click on Open Windows Powershell.
3. Type the below command and press Enter
cacls <folder/File name> /e /p everyone:N
This denies access to everyone to that folder.
4. The syntax of the command is displayed below.
cacls FileName [/t] [/e] [/c] [/g User:permission] [/r User [...]] [/p User:permission [...]] [/d User [...]]Parameters
FileName : Required. Displays DACLs of specified files.
/t: This will change all the DACLs of specified files in the current directory and all subdirectories.
/e: This will edit a DACL instead of replacing it.
/c: Continues to change DACLs, ignoring errors.
/g User: permission: This will grant access rights to the specified user. The following table lists valid values for permission.
c Change (Write)
f Full Control
/r User : Revokes access rights for the specified user.
/p User : permission : Replaces access rights for the specified user. The following table lists valid values for permission.
n None r Read w Write c Change (Write) f Full Control
/d User : Denies access for the specified user.
/? : Displays help at the command prompt.
5. To re-open Just replace N–>F
cacls <folder/file> /e /p everyone:F