Some people do work from home due to COVID-19 lockdown and others do things online. Like some people, they watch series, download games, etc. But we need to realize that we need to control our data consumption in order to be able to access things faster, not at low speed, as if we were consuming all of our data, we would get stuck with low-speed Internet.
1. Most smartphones have data-saving settings that prevent heavy downloads from beginning on mobile data. But once you 're connected to a Wi-Fi network, these heavy downloads get started. Yeah, you need to monitor your settings and change those settings carefully to reduce the demand on your Wi-Fi link, and if you don't do that, you'll end up at a low speed.
2. Most apps are updated on a regular basis and need to be updated. But there are still applications that can wait like your device has pre-installed Google Play Music if you haven't downloaded it, the application will still function, and there are other apps that can wait or don't even require updates. So, I recommend you to make a wise choice between applications that you want to upgrade, and those that can wait, to upgrade them one by one.
3. Users can monitor updates that are downloaded from an app like WhatsApp. You can control if you want to share photos, videos, and other files that your contacts send to WhatsApp. The software will allow you to access files manually and save enough data and save the storage of your device.
4. I personally suggest that you prevent automated syncing of cloud-based services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This tip also saves ample amount of data and also saves space on the cloud storage.
5. Right now, several users are clicking multiple images to keep them out of frustration, so it's possible that these files will be saved straight to your Google Drive, Dropbox, or some other cloud-based service. So, please disable it.
6. Apps such as Twitter, Snapchat, etc. come with autoplay features. Therefore, I suggest that you shut it off to save the data and manually pick the video that you want to watch.
7. Streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, come with a download feature. So, download movies and series only if you have free space, otherwise use SD when watching. Also, note that higher resolution on the display needs more details. And whether you're watching a movie or a show on your laptop or tablet, a low-quality recording isn't really visible.
8. Streaming services and podcast applications give people the opportunity to watch an episode or a movie in advance. So, I recommend you read it in advance while there's less demand on your Wi-Fi network and also make sure you access it in low quality whether you're using a tablet or a mobile.